Saturday, November 25, 2006

Madness

Ok, so maybe the national spotlight has left the banks, but I remain. It is a crazy system, and one that is rife with prejudice and historical bias. I don't want to hear about the Big East as a weak conference anymore. Every conference, every team, is vulnerable (see USC at Oregon State, Texas v. A&M, and Florida v. South Carolina while not a loss, but a clear indication of their vulnerability). Ok, so we don't have a long list on national championship teams, but even the teams that left, Miami, Va Tach, BC, who everyone called the class of the conference, are not exaclty conquering the world. It's like a broken record, that conference sucks, this conference is the strongest...if the teams had a chance to play, there would be a definitive answer, but instead we are stuck in a self-fulfilling NCAA edict to keep it a murky national scene, so many teams can remain in contention, and many arguments can carry on about who deserves to be there. Playoffs? I know it is some kind of taboo word....too many teams would end their season with a loss, thus too many coaches would be judged a failure...I don't see why 4 or 8 teams couldn't play an extra week or two to give a chance to a somewhat fair amount of teams...or why not do January madness and invite the top 64 football teams? Now that would be exciting....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Raritan Sam,

I am a die-hard RU fan and have stumbled upon your blog. Great job!

Quick question, if you don't know the answer, perhaps you can post it on your blog.

What is the song that RU storms the field on at the beginning and at half-time of the home games this year.

The song has an instrumental beginning. It may be some sort of mix that end's with T.I.'s (featuring Jay-Z) "Bring Em Out." But it is definately not that song alone.

Please help, as this has been been frustrating me!

P.S. I couldn't find your email address on your site or else I would have emailed you.

Rob
RU 2002

Raritan Sam said...

Rob,

Thanks for the kind words and for stumbling!

I'm not sure what the name of the music is, but I will try to find out the name of the song and post it.

my e-mail is raritansam@gmail.com if you have any other questions or comments.

Take care, and go RU.

-RS

cpane said...

Rob and Sam,
I am pretty certain the song you refer to is Kernkraft 400, Sport Stadium Chant by Zombie Nation. I have seats right about the tunnel and my kids love the song (or chant)...Go RU!