Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Superman: Doomsday Plans


I didn't want to go here so early as a Rutgers football bloggist, but I am going out on a ledge and about to make a bold prediction.
Allow me to paint the picture creeping into your Rutgers mind. Ray Rice has been stuffed throughout the first half. The young WR's are dropping balls. Maybe even the surefooted kickers are shanking a few, and the defense is giving up chunks of yards and gasp, a point or few. Hey, I don't like to think about it either, but right now, I can't face any more of my script adaptation so I am going into some dark, rough seas of the Rutgers season. It might seem like doomsday has arrived, and the zero in the loss column is about to tick to one...but wait, from the video billboards of Times Square, comes the call, a Scarlet Knight tinted-bat signal. Yes, waiting in the wings, happily plowing over linebackers, defensive backs, and whoever gets in his way, Mr. Leonard is just cruising along, a relatively fresh body waiting to be called upon. And so far, so good. Ray Rice has been better than anyone imagined, earning an apparent seat at the Downtown Athletic Club. But all the talk and writing about the lack of another offensive threat on the offensive side of the ball has not been doing any homework or even the briefest of history lessons. Brian Leonard is waiting, and the stories that will be written will continue the brief mentions he is getting about being a good soldier and letting Raymel become the man on the banks, but the stories will be ammended to include his triumphant saving of the season with one or more heroic performances in the coming weeks. I can't tell you specifically where or when, hey I'm not pyschic or anything, but I suggest a phone booth or changing thing on or near the Rutgers sideline so he can emerge when needed.

Is it a bird? A plane? No just the leaping Beast of the Big East!


For Mr. Blair, here is a non-football statement: Facebook sucks and I am out, cold turkey.

Sure the F-book has its place, but I am tired of the endless trail of wall postings, pokes, random groups, weird marriages between people I don't know, and the creepy linking of pictures that I myself never took and don't know where they came from. So I am out, deactivated.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there! Someone in my Myspace group shared this website with us so
I came to look it over. I'm definitely enjoying the information. I'm
bookmarking and will be tweeting this to my followers! Terrific
blog and outstanding style and design.

Review my weblog :: Odd News